Aquí el enlace para leer este artículo en Español
Believing in the human race is probably one of the hardest things to do when you look at the news nowadays. When you read about people killing each other or environments being destroyed in order to build cold and grey cities, you get upset and mad about it and think the planet might be better of without us in it.
THE HUMAN REASON
But, I am sorry to disappoint you, I have a lot of faith in humans. I am an optimist at heart, and I am not willing to change. Because the love that brought us is here, is the same love that could save us all. I have always said that when we talk about the environment we are not really thinking about saving Earth, you see the planet will heal after we are gone, why do you think the so-called natural disasters are happening? It is just nature rearranging everything to get its balance back. What we environmentalists are really aiming for is to preserve the human species, so it doesn’t disappear like other species that are long gone now. That’s why when we talk about reducing our waste in order to preserve natural resources and stop polluting land and oceans is because we need to find a sustainable solution for us as the big family we are.
THE ERA OF COMMUNICATION
Things are happening right now! The internet has brought us closer to discuss how could we be forgetting our roots, our traditions, is making us realise that communication is amazing and we are engaging in conversations of more local, natural, organic, fair trade and ethical options for all of our necessities. We are actually trying to reconnect with Nature, and I just think that is amazing. Even people that know nothing about science, fashion, food, or whatever subject, are learning!
CHANGING THE WORLD BY CHANGING OUR MINDSET
- Buying Organic : Because we figure out that all the pesticides and fertilisers we were using to produce more food and more “perfect” food was actually damaging land, polluting water, destroying ecosystems and harming our health.
- Buying Local: When we started to bring so much food from other places we realised we were actually investing less in our people, those small businesses that were taking care of what the land was supposed to be offering us in the place we were at. Besides, the transportation of goods is leaving a big carbon footprint.
- Buying Fair Trade: We don’t want to take part on mistreating somebody that was responsible for making something we are going to use.
- Living Zero Waste: An awesome movement that has driven us to be conscious consumers, and to value experiences over things.
- Living Sustainable: Is not just if is natural, is about knowing the full cycle of things, and everything that comes with it.
These are the things we are talking nowadays, and there are businesses emerging with those concerns in mind. We are in the right track people! Come on, cheer up, it’s time to keep going. If you want to read more about the alternatives to live a more sustainable lifestyle, watch this space and follow me and see how I face the challenges 🙂
I think the human race made a big mistake at the beginning of the industrial revolution, we leaped for the mechanical things, people need the use of their hands to feel creative. Andre Norton